Monday, September 15, 2008

SECOND GUESS TIME

The off season will be over come this weekend with my first race of the year in Chicago. There is something comforting about the off season that I will miss for the next three months. I love the day dreams while training that you are better than you actually are. A good solo ride, where you don't have to follow any race accelerations, but in your head dream up "you da man"! While training if you have a bad day, you tell yourself that there is always tomorrow. September always seems so far away. Plenty of time to get into that fighting shape you promised yourself you'd be in after the last race of last season, REMEMBER?

TIME IS UP!

My beginning of the season report card, is probably in the all C's range. I'm my own worst critic, but the truth hurts sometimes also. My weight loss program has worked. 10 pounds lighter than I was at the end of last season, but still 8 to 10 heavier than I wanted to be this year ( I still love pizza n beer). My training up till now, has shown some glimpses of fitness. But there is truly only one test that counts, and that is race day. New bike, new shoes, new kit, just like the first day of school!
Goals for this year are a tad less defined than last. Last year the goals were 1. top tens 2. get a podium and 3.upgrade. All those things done, this year as a newly branded cat3 rider, I just want to compete. If I race hard every time and make a good showing, mission accomplished.
Good luck to all crossers out there. Get the hole shot every time, and never slip a pedal.....Ty

No comments: