Saturday, September 27, 2008

GOODBYE!!!! FOR NOW.....

Life is one roller coaster of a ride! This week has been a double. After having a good start to my cross season, it is now all over........ Yes, I said over! Thursday I found out that my position as a Pilot at HNI corp. has been downsized, and I am out of a job. It is always the flight dept. that goes first when the stock price starts to fall. I understand this, but it doesn't take the sting away when it happens.

Needless to say, looking for a job, and the thought of selling a house and moving has taken my legs and heart out of training! It is time to step back, regroup, and focus on taking care of my family. Cycling will always be there when this all gets run through the wash.

A quick thank you to all involved in the Iowa/Illinois cycling community. Harpers, Dice, Iowa City, DesMoines. You have all been a part of changing my lifestyle. From a 220lb fat man with zero fitness, to a 170 lb want a be racer that just loves the vibe. You all know who you are, and there is not enough space on this page for my thanks.

I don't know what is next, or where I'll be living next. But what I do know is that things happen for a reason, and although it looks grim right now, I believe in my heart it will work out. With the love and support of family and friends, it always does.

Good luck, and God bless to all in these economic tough times. Hug your loved ones "just because", and ride your bike, "just for the love of it".

I won't be updating until I have a plan moving forward. I'll be watching the results, and rooting you all on to great results. I pray that next year I'll be back trash talking with nothing to back it up once again............. So long for now, and God bless you all Ty

2 comments:

Chad Bishop said...

Sorry to hear about the career situation, but I agree, things happen for a reason, and you will be back stronger once life guides you to the next scenario.

I do attribute part of my new energy for cyclocross to your 'trash talking' me about possibly not racing, so maybe I will pick up with where you left off, giving are highly visible jerseys some more air time.

NOTE: Don't be afraid to take on a couple of races in november if things look brighter, we will easily disregard this 'retirement' message. Jumping over hurdles for no apparent reason might actually be therapeutic in between job interviews.

Also, don't worry, I will leave you on my favorites list, hopefully that will be just what you needed to keep things positive.

gman said...

T'man,
It's a new year & a new job.
Wishing the best for you and the family in 2009.
Drop me a email when you can.
Rubber down, skin up!
1 world, 2 wheels...go by bike!

Gman